100 grams of raw chicken breast contain chicken breast nutrition 100g 438 kilojoules (104 calories), or 438 calories. 100g of raw chicken breast has 0g of carbohydrates
A Cooked Chicken Breast Has How Many Calories?
Low in fat and high in protein is chicken breast. 100 grams of chicken thigh provide 206 calories, compared to 165 grams of chicken breast. Of course, calorie counts differ based on the method of cooking the chicken and whether or not additional seasonings or oils are used.
chicken breast nutrition 100g
If you're looking to lose weight or gain muscle, chicken breast is a wonderful option because it's widely available, simple to prepare, and full of lean protein.
What nutrients does chicken contain?
The following nutrients are present in chicken and are beneficial to general health:
- Protein: Essential for muscle maintenance, development, and repair.
- vitamins and minerals:
- Niacin benefits the skin and hair.
- Selenium: Essential for thyroid and immune system health
- Phosphorus: Supports strong bones and teeth
- Vitamin B: Thiamine, riboflavin, and vitamins B6 and B12 are essential for healthy nerves and intracellular metabolic activities.
- Zinc: Helps with immunity and wound recovery.
- Copper and potassium: are essential for biological processes.
calories and nutrients for each cut of chicken
chicken thigh (100 grams)
- 165 calories
- 80% of 31 grams of protein.
- : 3.6 grams of fat
poultry thigh (100 grams)
- 209 calories
- 26 grams (53%) of protein
- 11 grams (47%) of fat
poultry wing (100 grams)
- 203 calories
- 30.5 grams of protein
- : 8.2 grams of fat
poultry drumstick (100 grams)
- 172 calories
- Lean meat: 28.3 grams
- : 5.7 grams of fat
Calories per 100 grams of various cuts are as follows:
- calories in tenders: 263
- 137 calories in back meat
- 125 calories in dark meat
- Meat with fewer calories: 114
What are some healthy chicken cooking techniques?
- Chicken that has been grilled and served with veggies is a good source of fiber and nutrients. Grilling chicken with little oil keeps the fat content low.
- Chicken that has been baked: Baking chicken uses relatively minimal oil, making it a desirable technique of weight loss preparation.
- Stir-fried chicken: Sautéing chicken with veggies is another tasty and nutrient-dense cooking method.